PLEASE READ THIS TEACHONAPP END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE “EULA“) CAREFULLY. THIS EULA IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR A SINGLE ENTITY) (“You“, “Your” or “Subscriber“) AND TEACHONAPP (“TeachOnApp“) (PROVIDER OF THE TEACHONAPP PLATFORM PROMOTED BY DIGIPROTON TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED), LOCATED AT 5, 2ND FLOOR, 38, 6TH MAIN, 14 CROSS, NS PALYA, BTM 2ND STAGE, BENGALURU, KA, INDIA. BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE TEACHONAPP PLATFORM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS EULA, UNDERSTOOD IT AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY IT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS EULA ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND THE COMPANY TO THIS EULA AND, ACCORDINGLY ALL REFERENCE TO “YOU” SHALL BE DEEMED TO REFER TO THE COMPANY.
1.Definitions. For purposes of this EULA, the following capitalized terms have the meanings set forth below. Other capitalized terms are defined in context.
1.Documentation. The term “Documentation” means the written, audio or visual (whether in print or electronic, as the case may be) technical descriptions of the TeachOnApp® Software’s features and functionality that TeachOnApp may make available and update from time-to-time in its sole discretion.
2.TeachOnApp Platform.The term “TeachOnApp Platform” ” means the platform application that TeachOnApp makes available for use via the TeachOnApp Website to those users that have obtained a license from TeachOnApp pursuant to this EULA, and as such platform is further described in its documentation.
3.Effective Date. The term “Effective Date” means the date upon which You enter into this EULA by clicking the “I Accept” button or otherwise access or use the TeachOnApp® Software.
4.Intellectual Property Rights. The term “Intellectual Property Rights” means any rights (whether owned or licensed) existing now or in the future under patent law, copyright law, trademark law, data and database protection law, trade secret law and any and all similar proprietary rights. The term Intellectual Property Rights means those rights as they exist as of the Effective Date, and all such rights subsequently acquired.
5.Order Terms. The term “Order Terms” means the order terms presented to You or during Your purchase of a license to the TeachOnApp® Software via the TeachOnApp Website, and that specify the applicable fees, the subscription period for Your license and other payment terms.
7.Output Code. The term “Output Code” means the computer code meeting the following three criteria, the computer code: (i) is generated by the TeachOnApp® Software; (ii) comprises the Subscriber Application; and (iii) is made available to You via the TeachOnApp® Software.
8.Party or Parties. The term “Party” or “Parties” means: (i) TeachOnApp; (ii) You; or (iii) TeachOnApp and You, as the context permits.
10.TeachOnApp Assets. The term “TeachOnApp Assets” means, collectively: (i) the TeachOnApp® Software; (ii) Documentation; and (iii) the TeachOnApp Website.
11.TeachOnApp Website. The term “TeachOnApp Website” means the website operated by TeachOnApp and through which the TeachOnApp® Software is available to those who have entered into this EULA.
12.Source Code. The term “Source Code” means computer programs, instructions and related material written in a human-readable source language in a form capable of serving as the input to a compiler or assembler program, and in form capable of being modified, supported and enhanced by programmers reasonably familiar with the source language.
13.Subscriber Application. The term “Subscriber Application” means the software application generated by the TeachOnApp® Software based on the Subscriber Input. The term Subscriber Application expressly excludes the TeachOnApp® Software and expressly includes the related Output Code.
14.Subscriber Assets. The term “Subscriber Assets” means, collectively: (i) the Subscriber Application; (ii) Subscriber Application Modifications; (iii) Subscriber Input; and (iv) Contributions.
15.Subscriber Application Modifications. The term “Subscriber Application Modifications” means any modification to the Subscriber Application made by or at the direction of You.
16.Subscriber Input. The term “Subscriber Input” means the data, information or other materials that You provide to TeachOnApp via the TeachOnApp® Software’s functionality.
2.Grant of Rights to You.
1.Non-Exclusive Rights in TeachOnApp Platform.. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, TeachOnApp, under its Intellectual Property Rights, hereby grants to You during the Subscription Term a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sub licensable license to access the TeachOnApp Platform as it is made available to You by TeachOnApp via the TeachOnApp Website using the provided Subscriber Credentials in order to use the TeachOnApp Platform as permitted by its functionality for the sole purpose of generating Subscriber Applications.
2.Restrictions. You agree that You shall not: (i) sell, rent, lease, sublicense, transfer, modify, create derivative works of or redistribute the TeachOnApp Platform; (ii) except as expressly permitted pursuant to Section 2.1.1 (Non-Exclusive Right in TeachOnApp Platform), otherwise use or exploit the TeachOnApp Platform; (iii) alter or remove any copyright, patent, trademark or other protective notices included with the TeachOnApp Platform; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the TeachOnApp Platform or otherwise attempt to derive any related Source Code; or (v) allow any third party to access or otherwise use the TeachOnApp Platform (either with or without Your Subscriber Credentials).
3.Subscriber Credentials. The term “Subscriber Credentials” means the identifiers (such as an email address and password) that are used to authenticate you in order to provide you with the appropriate level of access to the TeachOnApp Platform. TeachOnApp relies on Your Subscriber Credentials to verify your identity in order to provide you with access to the TeachOnApp Platform via the TeachOnApp Website. Accordingly, You agree that: (i) You shall: (1) not share Your Subscriber Credentials with any third party; (ii) immediately notify TeachOnApp if the security, confidentiality or integrity of Your Subscriber Credentials have been compromised; and (iii) You are: (a) solely responsible for generating Your Subscriber Credentials through the TeachOnApp Website; (b) solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Subscriber Credentials; and (c) solely liable for any and all use of the TeachOnApp Platform that occurs as a result of access to it via Your Subscriber Credentials.
2.Documentation. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, TeachOnApp, under its Intellectual Property Rights, hereby grants to You during the Subscription Term a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit the Documentation, but solely for Your internal business purposes and otherwise in connection with Your access to and use of the TeachOnApp® Software pursuant to this EULA.
3.No Implied Rights. Nothing in this EULA shall be construed as granting You any rights other than those expressly provided herein. Any rights granted to You under this EULA must be expressly provided herein, and there shall be no implied rights pursuant to this EULA, based on any course of conduct or other construction or interpretation thereof. All rights and licenses not expressly granted to You herein are expressly reserved by TeachOnApp.
3.Grant of Rights to TeachOnApp.
1.Subscriber Input. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, You, under Your Intellectual Property Rights, hereby grant to TeachOnApp during the Subscription Term a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sublicensable and transferable license to use and exploit Subscriber Input for all purposes contemplated under this EULA, the Documentation and the TeachOnApp® Software’s functionality. By way of clarification, and not limitation, TeachOnApp shall have the right to modify Your Subscriber Input for the purpose of developing the Subscriber Application.
2.Contributions. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, You, under Your Intellectual Property Rights, hereby grant to TeachOnApp a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sublicensable and transferrable license to use and exploit Your suggestions, recommendations or ideas relating to the TeachOnApp Assets (collectively, the “Contributions“) for any and all purposes and for as long as TeachOnApp sees fit. By way of clarification, and not limitation, You agree that (i) You have no expectation of review, compensation or other consideration for TeachOnApp’s use and exploitation of the Contributions, and (ii) TeachOnApp is free to use and exploit the Contributions in TeachOnApp’s discretion and without compensation or other obligation to You.
3.License to Use Subscriber Assets for Publicity. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, You, under Your Intellectual Property Rights, hereby grant to TeachOnApp a limited, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sublicensable, and transferable license to use and exploit Subscriber Assets for TeachOnApp’s promotional or marketing efforts. You hereby consent to the inclusion of Your name and logos in materials that TeachOnApp may publish as part of such promotional and marketing efforts.
1.Ownership of TeachOnApp Assets. You agree that, as between You and TeachOnApp, and subject to the grant of rights to You set out in Section 2 (Grant of Rights to You), TeachOnApp is the sole and exclusive owner of all of the right, title and interest in and to the TeachOnApp Assets (and all associated Intellectual Property Rights).
2.Ownership of Subscriber Application. . Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, TeachOnApp agrees that, as between You and TeachOnApp, You are the sole and exclusive owner of all of the right, title and interest in and to the Subscriber Application (Excluding Output Code) generated by the TeachOnApp Platform using Your Subscriber Input. By way of clarification, and not limitation, nothing in this EULA is intended or shall otherwise be construed as a representation, warranty or other commitment by TeachOnApp regarding your ownership interest in or to the Subscriber Application relative to any third party, including other TeachOnApp Platform users.
3.Ownership of Subscriber Application Modifications, Subscriber Input and Contributions. TeachOnApp agrees that, as between you and TeachOnApp, and subject to the grant of rights to TeachOnApp set out in Section 3 (Grant of Rights to TeachOnApp), you are the sole and exclusive owner of all of the right, title and interest in and to the Subscriber Application Modifications, Subscriber Input and Contributions (and all associated Intellectual Property Rights). By way of clarification, and not limitation, nothing in this EULA is intended or shall otherwise be construed as a representation, warranty or other commitment by TeachOnApp regarding your ownership interest in or to the Subscriber Application Modifications, Subscriber Input and Contributions relative to any third party, including other TeachOnApp Platform users.
5.Similar Uses. You agree that (i) the TeachOnApp Platform generates platform applications based on user-provided input and that users (other than You) may provide input that is the same as, or substantially similar to, Your Subscriber Input (the “Similar Input“), and (ii) based on the Similar Input provided by other users, the TeachOnApp Platform may generate a platform application (including Output Code) that is the same as, or substantially similar to, Your Subscriber Application (each, a “Similar Application“). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, You agree that You shall not challenge, threaten to challenge, sue, threaten sue or otherwise take any action against (or encourage or assist any third party) TeachOnApp based on any Similar Input or Similar Application, or the TeachOnApp Platform’s functionality, and (b) contractually ensure that any third party that You provide any right, title or interest in and to Your Subscriber Input or Subscriber Application agrees to not to challenge, threaten to challenge, sue, threaten sue or otherwise take any action against (or encourage or assist any third party) TeachOnApp based on any Similar Input or Similar Application, or the TeachOnApp Platform’s functionality.
6. Subscription. Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, You may generate multiple Subscriber Applications using your access to the TeachOnApp Platform; provided, however, that each Subscriber Application You generate shall be considered a separate project (each, a “Project”). You may access the TeachOnApp Platform to work on a Project for free (each, a “Free Project”) or by a paid subscription (each, a “Premium Project”) based on the Order Terms.
1.Free Project.With respect to a Free Project, You may only access and use basic functionalities and features (collectively, the “Basic Feature”) of the TeachOnApp Platform. For example, your access in connection with Free Project does not include the ability to download the source code of the Subscriber Application. TeachOnApp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice or liability, to add, remove, or otherwise modify any Basic Feature in connection with a Free Project.
2.Premium Project.With respect to a Premium Project, You may access and use premium functionalities and features (collectively, the “Premium Features”) of the TeachOnApp Platform, in addition to Basic Features listed in plans and pricing as Standard, Premium and Ultimate For example, Your access in connection with a Premium Plan includes: additional features and functions that TeachOnApp may add or remove from time-to-time in its sole discretion. Deployment services are subject to meeting basic app requirements as established by Google and Apple.
3.Branding. For each Project, We may offer you the ability to download a compiled version of the applicable Subscriber Application in an IPA and/or an APK file formats (each, a “Compiled App”). If You generate a Subscriber Application based on a Free Project, the applicable Compiled App will include a TeachOnApp-branded splash screen (the “Branding”) that You must not remove from the Compiled App. If You generate a Subscriber Application based on a Premium Project, You may download a Compiled App without the Branding.
4.Free Trials. TeachOnApp may offer You to upgrade a Free Project to a Premium Project for a limited duration of time (each, a “Free Trial”). Upon the expiration of the Free Trial, Your access to Premium Features shall immediately end for the applicable Project. TeachOnApp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice or liability, to withdraw or modify a Free Trial at any time and for any reason.
7.Support Services During the Subscription Term, TeachOnApp shall use commercially reasonable efforts to make the TeachOnApp Platform available to You without significant interruption or material deviations of the TeachOnApp Platform from its applicable Documentation (each, an “Error“). If the TeachOnApp Platform experiences material Errors that are not due to scheduled or intended downtime or as a result of events beyond TeachOnApp’ s control, TeachOnApp shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restore the intended functionality. You may contact TeachOnApp technical support during its operating business hours to report Errors. In addition to taking reasonable steps that TeachOnApp deems appropriate in response to reproducible Errors that TeachOnApp determines to be commensurate with the severity of the Error, TeachOnApp may also provide you with information regarding the availability of the TeachOnApp Platform.
8.Custom Services. If you desire TeachOnApp to develop platform, computer code or other services not available through the TeachOnApp Platform (the “Custom Services“), you may present a written request to TeachOnApp at email@example.com outlining such work. The Parties shall then negotiate in good faith a written statement of work that includes a detailed description of the Custom Services, an estimated delivery schedule and associated fees. If both Parties agree to the statement of work, they shall enter into a separate agreement relating to the Custom Services.
9.Monitoring. You agree that TeachOnApp may monitor and audit your use of the TeachOnApp Platform to confirm your compliance with this EULA and for TeachOnApp’ s other business purposes, including analysing and improving the TeachOnApp Platform.
10. Payment Terms; Taxes. You shall pay the fees in accordance with the payment terms included in the Order Terms. All fees are exclusive of all applicable taxes and You agree to pay all taxes (including, but not limited to, sales, use, excise and value-added taxes), tariffs, duties, customs fees or similar charges imposed or levied on TeachOnApp or You arising out of this EULA, except for taxes on TeachOnApp’s net income.
11. Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant to TeachOnApp that: (i) the Subscriber Assets do not and shall not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party; (ii) You shall not upload any virus or malicious code to the TeachOnApp® Software or otherwise use the TeachOnApp® Software to develop a virus or malicious code; (iii) You have the full power and authority to enter into this EULA and to carry out Your obligations under this EULA; and (iv) Your performance under this EULA does not violate any existing agreement between You and any other person or entity.
12. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. TEACHONAPP DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE TEACHONAPP ASSETS and THE SUBSCRIBER APPLICATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TEACHONAPP DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE TEACHONAPP ASSETS OR SUBSCRIBER APPLICATIONS ARE ERROR FREE, WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, ARE COMPLETELY SECURE OR WILL INTEROPERATE WITH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. The TEACHONAPP ASSETS AND SUBSCRIBER APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR TERMINATION AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT NOTICE. The TEACHONAPP ASSETS AND SUBSCRIBER APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED OR MANUFACTURED FOR USE IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN The OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS OR WEAPON OR COMBAT SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THEIR FAILURE COULD LEAD TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. TEACHONAPP DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR SUCH USES.
13. Limit of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL TEACHONAPP BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS, EVEN IF TEACHONAPP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL TEACHONAPP’S LIABILITY, IN THE AGGREGATE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF PAYMENTS MADE TO TeachOnApp BY YOU OVER THE ONE YEAR PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
14.Indian Government Terms and Conditions; Exportation. If you are the Indian Government or any agency or instrumentality of the Indian Government, the TeachOnApp Platform is commercial computer platform provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Consistent with the above as applicable, Commercial Computer platform and Commercial Computer Documentation is licensed to Indian government end users only as commercial items and only with those rights as are granted to all other end users under the terms and conditions set forth in this EULA. You agree not to use or otherwise export or re-export the TeachOnApp Platform except as authorized by Indian law.
15. Your Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify and hold TeachOnApp and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any third party claim, action, suit or proceeding resulting from: (i) Your breach of Your representations and warranties set out in this EULA; (ii) any injury to persons caused by Your failure to exercise reasonable care or Your willful misconduct; (iii) any other breach of Your obligations under this EULA; (iv) Your use or exploitation of the TeachOnApp Assets and Subscriber Assets; and (v) TeachOnApp’s use of the Subscriber Assets. You shall indemnify TeachOnApp for all losses, damages, liabilities and all reasonable expenses and costs incurred by TeachOnApp in any such claim, action, suit or proceeding. TeachOnApp shall: (a) give You reasonable written notice of any claim, action, suit or proceeding for which TeachOnApp is seeking indemnification; (b) granting control of the defense and settlement to You; and (c) reasonably cooperate with You at Your expense. TeachOnApp is entitled to participate in any defense at its own expense with counsel of its own choosing.
16. Confidentiality. Confidential Information under this EULA shall consist of all non-public information disclosed by TeachOnApp, whether oral or in writing (including electronic transmission): (i) that is designated as “Confidential” or “Proprietary” by TeachOnApp at the time of disclosure or within a reasonable period thereafter; (ii) that concerns the customers, finances, methods, research, processes or procedures of TeachOnApp; or (iii) that by the nature of the circumstances surrounding disclosure, or the information itself, should in good faith be treated as confidential (collectively, the “Confidential Information“).
1. Non–Disclosure; Standard. You shall retain Confidential Information in strict confidence and shall not use such Confidential Information except for purposes permitted under this EULA. You shall be entitled to disclose Confidential Information on a need-to-know basis to Your employees, provided such employees are bound by non-disclosure and confidentiality obligations no less protective than those set out in this EULA. You shall use at least the same degree of care in safeguarding the Confidential Information as You use in safeguarding Your own confidential information, but shall not use less than reasonable care and diligence. You shall return or destroy all Confidential Information (including, but not limited to, all copies of the same) in Your possession or control immediately upon TeachOnApp’s request.
2. Exceptions. Your obligations with respect to Confidential Information shall not apply to Confidential Information which You can demonstrate: (i) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of Yours; (ii) was or becomes available to You on a non-confidential basis from a third party, provided that such third party is not bound by an obligation of confidentiality to TeachOnApp with respect to such Confidential Information; (iii) was independently developed by You without reference to the Confidential Information; or (iv) is required to be disclosed by law, provided that TeachOnApp is promptly notified by You in order to provide TeachOnApp an opportunity to seek a protective order or other relief.
17. Term and Termination. earlier terminated pursuant to this Section 16 (Term and Termination), this EULA shall come into force and effect on the Effective Date and shall continue for the period selected by You pursuant to the Order Terms (the “Subscription Term“), and shall automatically renew under the same terms and conditions as further explained in the Order Terms. If either Party is in material breach of any obligation under this EULA, the non-breaching Party may terminate this EULA for cause upon written notice after first (i) providing the other Party with written notice of the breach (a “Notice of Breach“), and (ii) providing thereafter a thirty (30) day opportunity to cure beginning on the date of receipt by the alleged breaching Party of the Notice of Breach. You agree that, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, upon termination or expiration of this EULA for any reason, Your rights to the TeachOnApp® Software and Documentation shall immediately terminate and You shall immediately stop accessing or otherwise using the TeachOnApp® Software and Documentation.
18.General. This EULA shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with the Indian laws without regard to any conflict of laws principles. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of this EULA shall be the state and federal courts located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. The Parties accept the personal jurisdiction of such courts. This EULA is not assignable by you. TeachOnApp reserves the right to assign the rights and obligations under this EULA for any reason and in TeachOnApp’s sole discretion. TeachOnApp shall not be liable hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations due to any other cause which is beyond its reasonable control. Any provision of this EULA determined to be unenforceable or invalid by applicable law or court decision shall not render this EULA unenforceable or invalid as a whole and, in such event, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish its objectives within the limits of applicable law or court decision. TeachOnApp’s failure to require Your performance of any obligation herein shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter. TeachOnApp’s waiver of Your breach of any obligation under this EULA shall not be taken or held to be a waiver of the obligation itself or of any past or subsequent breaches of the same obligation. This EULA and the Other Agreements (which are incorporated into this EULA for all purposes), sets forth the entire understanding and agreement of the Parties and supersedes any and all oral or written agreements or understandings between the Parties as to the subject matter of this EULA. In the event of a conflict between this EULA and the Other Agreements, the conflict shall be resolved in favor of this EULA. Accept as otherwise set out in the Other Agreements, this EULA may be changed only by a writing signed by both Parties. Neither Party is relying on any warranties, representations, assurances or inducements not expressly set forth herein. In addition to any other right or obligation that by its nature is intended to survive any termination or expiration, the following Sections shall survive any termination or expiration of this EULA: (i) Section 3.2 (Contributions); (ii) Section 4 (Ownership); (iii) Section 12 (Limit of Liability); (iv) Section 14 (Your Indemnification); (v) Section 15 (Confidentiality); and (vi) Section 17 (General).
Copyright and Legal Notice. Copyright © 2018 teachonapp.com or DigiProton Technologies Private Limited All Rights Reserved. Last updated: April 21, 2018